The mission of the SADC PPP Network is to strengthen the capacity of the public sector to engage in PPPs.
The Network has been mandated to undertake a number of key activities in the SADC region including:
- Establishment of a network for Provide sharing, collating, synthesising, analysing and disseminating information and know-how relating to PPP best practice, in particular project inception, financing, management and monitoring;
- Where needed and requested, to facilitate or provide policy, programme and capacity-building support to public sector institutions in member states;
- To provide guidance and support to public sector institutions relating to the design and staffing of bodies for the regulation and management of PPPs;
- To organise and facilitate professional meetings and training events with a general or sectoral focus;
- To facilitate linkages and relationships between private investors and public authorities in accordance with national rules and regulations;
Through these processes and activities, the Network will contribute to enhancing the role that PPPs play in leveraging private sector resources for infrastructure development, and generally catalyse the development of infrastructure in the region in line with national, regional and continental infrastructure plans.